PHOENIX, AZ – Turf Wars Flag Football League is the Valley’s newest organization and it’s set to battle in the Winter & Spring 2018 season!
We got the chance to chat with the owner of Turf Wars and his AWESOME new flag football league!
MONSTER: I have heard a lot of buzz about Turf Wars Flag Football. Can you give us a quick rundown about who you are?
TURF WARS: We are a non-profit organization dedicated to delivering a better youth sports experience. We have tried the rest and decided to be the best. We aim to deliver a league that is competitive, fun, safe and educational. Our goal is to prepare young athletes for the next level of competition. We deliver this by offering a long list of extras you will not see from other leagues.
MONSTER: How long has Turf Wars Flag Football been in the Phoenix market?
TURF WARS: We are the newest NFL Flag approved league to hit the valley. Fall of 2017 will be our first season.
MONSTER: What makes you different from other leagues in the valley?
TURF WARS: Here is a list of things we believe sets us apart from other leagues in the valley.
1. NFL Flag Approved – Jersey and flags included with each registration
2. Names On Jerseys – we provide an iron name for both sides of the jersey
3. 8 Games Guaranteed – 7 regular season games and at least one playoff game for each team
4. Secured Practice Locations – We rent our game field during the week so our teams will have guaranteed practice locations.
5. Coaches Corner – We supply our coaches with the tools to succeed. Including a coach’s bag and access to our online library of drills and plays.
6. Trained Referees – We take the time to do live game training with all of our referees.
7. Non Profit – As a non-profit we are putting the player/parent experience as our highest priority.
8. Safety – We are the first league in the valley to have two USA Football Certified Player Safety Coaches.
MONSTER: Is Turf Wars Flag Football open to everyone? What is the general cost, age divisions, and game locations?
TURF WARS: We are open to both boys and girls ages 5-15. Generally a season with us will run $129. This will include a NFL Flag team jersey and flag belt. We also provide iron on names for each jersey. The following age divisions are currently available 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, and 13-15. We offer three seasons a year (fall, winter, and spring) and we are currently working on an indoor summer season.
MONSTERS: Do you offer early registration discounts, sibling discounts, and can friends play on the same team?
TURF WARS: Yes, we offer early bird registration for only $99 as well as an additional $10 for siblings. Our volunteer coaches also receive $25 off registration. We always do our best to honor coach and friend requests and in most cases this is never an issue.
MONSTER: Are you currently looking for volunteer coaches? How does an interested mom or dad get involved?
TURF WARS: Yes, our league would be nothing without our volunteer coaches. If parents are interested in being a head or assistant coach they can visit our website for more information or to register as a volunteer. To make things as easy as possible for our coaches we offer secured practice locations, coach’s bags, and a full library of drills and plays. We want coaches to enjoy coaching. We don’t want them to stress about it.
MONSTER: Where can we go for more information, to follow you on social media and to register for a sport?